We will not cover EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITION(S) (as defined below) affecting YOU or a non-travelling CLOSE RELATIVE or BUSINESS ASSOCIATE, that could affect whether you go on or complete the trip, unless you tell us about them in advance by calling 0870 054 0159, or logging onto www.journeystravel.co.uk/onlinemedical, gaining our acceptance.
If you answer YES to any of the following questions, you must contact us, as above.
Have YOU, or any non-travelling CLOSE RELATIVE(S) or BUSINESS ASSOCIATE whose health could affect the trip suffered:
- Any medical condition, illness or physical infirmity, including undiagnosed symptoms that are under investigation, for which consultation, including referral for specialist investigation, treatmment or change of medication, occurred during the 9 months prior to the issue date of this insurance, or the date the trip was booked, if later?
- Any cardiovasular (e.g. heart), cerebrovascular (e.g. stroke, transient ischaemic attack or brain haemorrhage), or cancer, for which investigation or treatment has ever occurred?
- Any medical condition, illness or physical infirmity, including undiagnosed symptoms, that has been wait-listed for surgery, inpatient treatment or tests at a hospital, clinic or nursing home, during 9 months prior to the issue date of this insurance, or the date the trip is booked, if later?
Important Medical Exclusions
We will not cover:
- Where either YOU or a CLOSE RELATIVE are awaiting tests or treatment, or awaiting the results of tests or treatment, or have received a terminal prognosis.
- Travelling for the purpose of obtaining treatment abroad or travelling against the advice of a Registered Medical Practitioner in relation to a diagnosis or instability of any medical condition, illness or physical infirmity.
- Any claim relating to any psychological disorder, stress, anxiety or depression.
- Any claim for pregnancy where the expected date of delivery is within 10 weeks of YOUR due return date to the UK
- Anything excluded by the GENERAL EXCEPTIONS or GENERAL EXCEPTIONS APPLYING TO SECTIONS A, B & C.
In respect of all cover provided under SECTIONS A, B & C (Cancellation or Curtailment, Medical and Other Expenses and Personal Accident) we reserve the right:
- At our discretion to require any person applying for cover to undergo Journeys Medical Screening.
- To vary the conditions or premium on which cover is offered